A wonderful sub-tropical climate makes Kwazulu Natal an excellent year round destination.
One of South Africa’s most diverse regions incorporating bush, beach, mountains and history (at the Battlefields).
- The Drakensberg area is home to Southern Africa’s highest mountain ranges; the coastline is pristine and waters are warm
- The Battlesfields area offers great history
- Low risk malaria, Big Five safari lodges
- Although distances between these areas can be vast, Kwazulu Natal is a great self-drive destination.
Highlights in Durban and Kwazulu Natal
- Visit UShaka Marine World for a day with the family
- Dive at the Aliwal Shoal
- Big Five safari at one of the many game reserves
- Visit the Valley of a Thousand Hills and explore the Midlands Meander
Contact us and one of our consultants will assist you with planning your South African holiday
Featured properties in the area
From the moment it first opened its doors in 1947, the Oyster Box has retained the gracious elegance, glamour, and passionate service that made this one of South Africa’s most cherished hotels. From the impeccable uniforms to the genuinely warm smiles, thoughtful details and the latest amenities and facilities, from delicious cuisine and lush tropical gardens to the splendid luxury of each individually designed room, suite and villa.
Waterford Manor is a four star bed and breakfast which also offers self-catering accommodation. The 10-hectare property is situated on the Mooi River, outside the small village of Rosetta, in the picturesque and serene KwaZulu Natal Midlands. With 700 metres of river frontage, it offers guests many idyllic spots for fly fishing and picnicking. The property has indigenous forest and magnificent trees, with walking trails for the enjoyment of guests.